Hungary is one of the European Union member countries where applicants apply every year. Hungary has the most extensive population, so the rules for document submission are revised every year. The country welcomes people from all around the globe but to access the visa, applicants need to follow the visa requirements.
Hungary is especially notorious for its tourist points like thermal waters, which applicants wish to visit every year. Apart from this there are a lot of other tourist destinations that you might want to visit. In order to visit and explore the beautiful spots of Hungary, read the guidelines and apply for a visa today!
Hungary Visa Documents Guidelines
You can visit Hungary with a Schengen visa as it is a member country of the Schengen Zone, all citizens of the rest of the EU/ EEA member countries can enter carrying only an identification document.
On the other hand, if you’re a non-EU/ EEA resident wishing to visit Hungary, you should apply for the visa with the following documents:
- A valid passport. Valid for at least three months beyond your planned exit date from Schengen and issued within the last ten times.
- A visa – if you are subject to the Hungarian visa governance.
- Documents proving your purpose of entry.E.g., dummy hotel booking, travel insurance for Schengen visa, and flight itinerary etc.
- Proof you have sufficient financial means for your stay in Hungary. The Hungarian authorities have specified the requirements of documents one has to submit when applying for the visa.
In addition, the border officer at the Hungarian airport may ask you the following questions:
- What’s your purpose for visiting Hungary?
- How long do you intend to stay in Hungary?
- Where are you going to stay in Hungary?
This visa officer/embassy holds the final decision on whether you shall be permitted to enter Hungary or not. You will be permitted to enter Hungary if you qualify at convincing the visa officer that you are capable enough for visa approval.
Ensure that the border officer stamps your passport when you enter Hungary. Without a stamp, you could land yourself in trouble in Hungary.
Who Needs A Schengen Visa To Enter Hungary?
It is the real question that pops into every applicant’s mind. However, we have addressed this query at the beginning of the blog. Applicants from third-world countries need to apply for a Hungarian visa. And if you wish to stay longer in Hungary despite being a member of the EU state, even then, you have to apply for a visa.
What Documents Are Needed For A Hungary Schengen Visa Application?
According to the Hungary visa conditions, you’ll need to submit some required documents as a part of your short-term Hungary Visa application. These documents are as follows:
- Hungarian visa application form. Complete the form by giving the correct information that complies with the requirement given by the embassy/visa officer for submission of visa application. Submit the form along with your signature.
- Two passport photos. Ensure the photos are no older than three months and are taken according to the requirements for a Hungarian Schengen visa.
- Your valid passport. It must fulfill the passport criteria for a Schengen visa, which are as follows.
- It must have at least two blank pages for the visa stamp purpose.
- It must not be older than ten years.
- It must have a validity of at least three months beyond the date you plan to leave Hungary and the whole home of Schengen.
- Travel insurance for Schengen visa. With the content of at least€ 50,000 for medical extremities, valid in Hungary and the whole Schengen home.
- Round- trip Flight reservation for visa. However, submit this document that shows you have a reserved flight to enter and leave Hungary. This document should specify flight dates, and your details.
- Evidence of accommodation. Substantiation where you’ll stay throughout your whole time in Hungary, i.e., a hostel reservation.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Hungary. Any document proves you have the capability to maintain yourself throughout your whole stay in Hungary and the Schengen zone.
- A cover letter. A particular letter in which you explain why you’re applying to visit Hungary, how long you plan to stay, when you will leave, and other details.
- Evidence of civil status. This could be a marriage instrument, birth instrument of children, death instrument of a partner, etc.
- Lastly, NOC Letter. It is mandatory for the applicants to submit only in a few visa categories such as Student and Work visa.
Leave a Reply