The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides a great deal of support to all its participants, and investors also have the chance to play their part in it. Specialist disability accommodation (SDA) is a housing option under NDIS that enables participants to lead independent lives and reach their goals efficiently. As an investor in Australia, you have a chance to make an NDIS SDA investment and earn passive income while the participants also get the support they need. Isn’t that a win-win?
Well, it is not as simple as it might sound. Choosing the right SDA property can be difficult, especially if you are a new investor. The right SDA property can make all the difference for the participants as they get to become independent because of the support provided in it. You are somewhat responsible for providing the best property to the participants, and the better your property is, the better rent and value it will be getting for you.
Following are some tips to help you create a successful SDA development plan.
Site Design Standards
Your site design is as important in SDA property investment as it is in any other real estate investment. They have their set of standards, and participants wish to live in a sophisticated design with all the required support. Your property can lose all its charm if it is created in the wrong block of land. Once you put your SDA property on the right block, you can also beat other residential houses and buildings, such as childcare centers and nursing homes.
Some Common Site Design Standards Include:
- Responsive design: Websites should be designed to be mobile-friendly and adapt to different screen sizes, as more and more people access the internet on mobile devices.
- Accessibility: Websites should be designed to be accessible to individuals with disabilities, such as those who are visually impaired or have mobility limitations.
- Navigation: Websites should have clear and intuitive navigation menus that make it easy for users to find the information they need.
- Consistency: Websites should have a consistent visual design, with consistent use of fonts, colors, and graphics, to create a cohesive and professional look.
- Content: Websites should be designed with the user in mind, with clear and concise content that is easy to read and understand.
- Performance: Websites should be designed with fast load times and optimized for search engines to improve visibility and user experience.
Choose the Location Wisely
You should aim for the best location in your budget. If your property is located in a good location and has good support to it, it will naturally have a better response. It will have more demand from the public and get a better value than a property located in the wrong area. Participants not only want to have all the support inside the house, but they also need to live in a desirable location. An accessible home in the right location will provide many benefits to both the participant and the investor.
Choose the Right Type of Housing
SDA also has different types of housing, and you should understand each category to make the right choice. Each SDA category has a different level of benefits for the participants; hence, they naturally have different costs. You can invest in the category that is suitable for your budget. You might not be able to invest in high-level support homes for the participants due to insufficient funds. There are always other categories that allow you to provide less support to the participants than others.
Get the Funding
You need to have proper funds to be able to invest in SDA property, and it is a no-brainer. Any type of investment requires having funds in the first place. There are a few ways to arrange to fund property investment. You can use your own savings to fund your property, or you can take loans to invest. Either way, you first have to get the funding. Only then can you choose the type of category that suits your budget?
If you are looking for a successful NDIS SDA investment, reach out to New Property Specialists. They are real estate experts and have experience with NDIS properties. They will help you find the right SDA type to invest in so you can get the best ROI.