Start-ups are not uncommon. Every other person is launching his or her start-up. Every Year, people in huge numbers come up with an idea and launch their startup in various domains, health, fashion, food, lifestyle, E-commerce, etc. But, Did you know that 90% of Indian startups fail and shut down within five years? Well, it’s not the lack of capital, but innovation. Many well-funded startups have failed miserably because of their poor experience, marketing strategies, and of course, creativity. Examples are Cab Auto, Frankle Me, AskMe.com, etc.
Just having a great start-up idea, capital, and resources won’t guarantee the success of your startup. Customers, Sales, Branding, etc. all are crucial to the success of a startup, and you can take care of all these only through Marketing!
While, as a start-up, you may be working on marketing strategies such as social media marketing, digital marketing, Influencer marketing, content marketing, etc. However, if you want your startup to kickstart and grow at a fast pace, you need to look further and beyond these marketing skills.
So, here are a few unique marketing strategies that work and will ensure the success of your start-up business. Let’s look, what are these?
- Launch A Referral Code: If you want to have an excellent customer following, and create awareness about your brand, take help of referral marketing. At the base, you need your customers to promote your product or service. It is because personal recommendations are more trusted than any other form of marketing. There are tools using which you can get the customers excited to promote your startup, say online rakhi delivery in India and abroad with their friends. This way, you can build a viral interest among the customers.
- Make Product The Focal Point: The biggest drawback of viral marketing is that it becomes a challenge to explain the product to the customers. A well-designed video will surely get a lot of praise, but the customers will not be able to recognize or associate themselves with the product. So, make the product your focal point of the video. You can also direct the viewers to buy the product.
- Attend Trade Shows and Exhibitions: You may be running the business online, but you can build connections offline. Attend trade shows, exhibitions, conferences, while maintaining social distancing, those are of best interest to your business for building relationships with influencers and other people. Later, you can ask the influencer to promote your business, a good rapport with a developer can help your startup in another way, etc.
- Give Away Stickers: A simple and effective marketing strategy. You can give away free stickers to customers and place it in areas where it can grab the eye-balls of a wider audience. You can get stickers printed in bulk for cost-effectiveness. Many Startups like Reddit have used this strategy and have gained success.
- Connect With Other Brands: If your startup is at a low scale and find it challenging to draw large customers, then, partner with a well-known brand. For example, you are a startup of rakhi with sweets, now you partner with Cadbury or any other sweets, and your promotion with them will help the customers learn about you as well.
If you wish your startup to grow, invest in creative marketing strategies along with traditional marketing. You will surely taste success!
Read more with us!